Taste of Diversity: The Multicultural and Diversity Committee hosts a Taste of Diversity potluck in the fall and the spring of each school year. Students and faculty have prepared a wide range of delicious ethnic foods and the department was invited to sample these over some good conversation. More recently, the MDC has catered ethnic food from local businesses, to promote awareness of different types of ethnic cuisine that are available in the local area.
Beginning in the spring of 2009, the Multicultural and Diversity Committee decided to implement a donation process to charities or organizations that promote diversity, provide services to minority groups, or provide disaster-relief to victims and survivors. The MDC has donated to the following charities and organizations:
- Partners in Health: Haitian Disaster Relief (http://www.pih.org/pages/haiti/)
- Proyecto Raíces (http://www.stbernardakron.org/clases-de-ingles/proyecto-de-raices-childrenninos/)
- The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations: Typhoon Ondoy
- Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/)
- Kent Social Services: Kent, Ohio