A Community of Entrepreneurs
Kent State offers the opportunity for students in any area of study to expand their horizons with an entrepreneurial focus. A Community of Entrepreneurs (ACE) is a living learning community located in Prentice Hall. ACE is open to students across all disciplines that are interested in entrepreneurship. Each of these students will be provided with a supportive environment that encourages creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship.
Many students have a business idea they would like to explore, or they simply realize 'Someday, I want to have my own business.' ACE offers experiences that are tailored to meet academic, social and professional interests, enhanced with an entrepreneurial focus. ACE students will live in the same residence hall, take some of the same classes, participate in networking and programming opportunities, have the opportunity to explore business opportunities and connect with the business world. We will offer speakers series, field trips, career explorations and other opportunities that will allow for interaction with faculty, business partners, and entrepreneurs.
Students in ACE will have the opportunity to develop:
- An understanding of the central role of creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of what makes some businesses successful, while others are not
- An understanding of the components of a business plan
- Knowledge of the steps required for setting up a new venture
- An ability to think in a creative and innovative manner
- Positive interaction skills such as: teamwork, collaboration, leadership and communication skills
Entrepreneurship at KSU begins with ACE, but it doesn't end there. We also offer you the opportunity to participate in any of the following:
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO), our student organization
- Entrepreneurial Lab, where you can work on projects with fellow students for local entrepreneurs
- Michael D. Solomon Lecture Series in Entrepreneurship
- Business Plan Competitions
- Entrepreneurship Extravaganza
ACE is a comprehensive opportunity in entrepreneurship open to all students from across all the colleges and majors at KSU. We concentrate our efforts on providing you with the tools to succeed as an entrepreneur. You will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, how others have succeeded, what opportunities are out there and finally, the chance to begin making your dream a reality.
First Year Colloquium #
Intro to Human Communication
* Mathematics courses are based upon COMPASS test during the Destination Kent State Advising and Registration program
# Course meets 1 day a week
How do I join?
Students who are interested in participating in ACE need to follow these steps.
- Select Prentice Hall and ACE as your first choice on your residence hall application, and alert the academic advisor during your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration program that you would like to participate in ACE.
- If you have already completed and submitted your residence hall application and now want to make changes, you may re-enter your application by logging back into your application through the residence hall application website prior to July 1.
- Complete the on-line ACE application: http://www.kent.edu/business/Undergrad/learningcommunities/ace/apply.cfm.
- You will be notified before your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration date of your admission.
- If you need further assistance, or have questions about how to join the BC Commons please contact the community coordinator.
Housing assignments are made based on application date. Thus, the earlier you apply for your residence hall the more likely it is that you will receive an ACE assignment.
Need More Information:
For more information about ACE, please visit our website at http://www.kent.edu/business/Undergrad/learningcommunities/ace/index.cfm
Coordinator Contact Information:
Academic Advisor/ Learning Community Coordinator