Managerial Marketing - B.B.A. Program Requirements
Type Legend: DD Diversity–Domestic; DG Diversity–Global; KAD Kent Core Additional; KBS Kent Core Basic Sciences; KCM Kent Core Composition; KFA Kent Core Fine Arts: KHU Kent Core Humanities; KMC Kent Core Mathematics and Critical Reasoning; KSS Kent Core Social Sciences; WIC Writing Intensive
|I.||DESTINATION KENT STATE: FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE (1 credit)|
|US||10097||Destination Kent State: First Year Experience||1|
|III.||MAJOR PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (24 credits) Courses count in major GPA|
|35021||Research for Marketing Decisions||3|
|35024||Hands-On Technology Enhancements Laboratory||1|
|35026||Decision-Making Skill Enhancement Laboratory||1|
|45020||Competitive Market Analysis||3|
|45026||Personal Selling Methods and Practices Laboratory||1|
|45040||Integrated Marketing Strategy||3|
|IV.||ADDITIONAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (96 credits)|
|ACCT||23020||Introduction to Financial Accounting||3|
|23021||Introduction to Managerial Accounting||3|
|KAD||COMM||15000||Introduction to Human Communication*||3|
|KSS||ECON||22060||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|KAD||22061||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ENG||30063||Business and Professional Writing||3|
|FIN||26074||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|KMC||MATH||11010||Algebra for Calculus*||3|
|Intuitive Calculus (3)
Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (5)
|MIS||24053||Introduction to Computer Applications||3|
|24056||Fundamentals of Business Statistics **
|24163||Principles of Management||3|
|44285||Integrated Business Policy and Strategy||3|
|MKTG||25010||Principles of Marketing*||3|
|Kent Core Basic Sciences (must include one laboratory)||6-7|
|Kent Core Composition||6-8|
|Kent Core Humanities and Fine Arts (minimum one course from each)
|Kent Core Social Sciences (must be from two disciplines)||3|
|General Electives (minimum 3 upper-division credit hours)||21|
*A minimum C (2.0) grade must be earned. A minimum C (2.0) grade must be earned in MMTG 35011to fulfill the writing-intensive requirement. Should students earn below a minimum C grade in MMTG 35011, they are required to repeat the course during the following fall semester to alleviate skill deficits, and they will not be eligible to progress in the major.
** If a student has taken MATH 10041 Elementary Probability and Statistics they may use it in place of MIS 24056.Students may take or use any course at any level as long as the minimum 39-hour requirement for upper-division courses is satisfied for graduation with a B.B.A. Exceptions: Maximum 4 credit hours of physical education activity (PEB) courses and maximum 4 credit hours for courses in applied music and music ensembles (MUS courses with a second digit of 5, 6 or 7) combined may be counted toward the 121-total hour or 39-upper-division-hour graduation requirement. General elective courses may be selected from any area and at any level provided students do not go over the PEB, applied music and ensemble music restriction and they satisfy the 39 hour upper-division requirements. There is no limit on other music coursework. Any other exceptions must be approved by the assistant dean. Credit for ENG 11001 or MATH 10023 or 10024 may apply toward general electives.
Special notes for major:
- Students are admitted into the Managerial Marketing major in fall semester only.
- The curriculum is to be taken in sequence. Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should obtain from the department a copy of the schedule of course sequencing.
- Normally, MMTG courses may be repeated only once. Exceptions require the approval of the department chair and the assistant dean of the college.
- Only three managerial marketing major (3/45000) courses may be repeated and counted toward the major. Exceptions require the approval of the department chair. All attempts count in the computation of the major, upper-division business and cumulative GPA.
- Entrepreneurship majors who are also majoring in either Marketing or Managerial Marketing, and who have taken Sales in Entrepreneurship Venture (ENTR 37045), are not required to take Personal Selling (MKTG 45046) for the Marketing Major or the Personal Selling Methods and Practices Lab (MMTG 45026) for the Managerial Marketing major; however, a Marketing or Managerial Marketing major cannot waive the required ENTR 37045 by taking either MKTG 45046 or MMTG 45026.