Graduate Certificate Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant MUST review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. In addition to saving time and paper, students who apply online will also be able to check their application status by using the log in and personal identification number (PIN) established when starting the online application.
- This option is for applicants who wish to take a limited number of graduate courses for self-improvement, intellectual curiosity or expansion of areas of professional expertise.
- This classification is only for those students not working toward a graduate degree at Kent State University.
- At most 12 semester hours of credit may be petitioned to satisfy requirements for a degree program. Such a petition must receive approval of the department/school and of the appropriate graduate dean. Note that only 6 semester credit hours can be transferred in some departments/schools graduate programs.
- Non-degree students may not transfer credit earned at another university.
- Submit the application at least four weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you plan to begin your coursework.
- There is a $15 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
- You will be prompted to select the academic unit ( College of The Arts,College of Communication and Information, etc.) of your intended coursework or certificate program, if applicable. Further information can be found in the Graduate Programs Listing.
- Submit official transcripts in a sealed envelope from each college or university (except Kent State University) in which 9 semester hours or more were earned and send directly to:
Division of Graduate Studies
650 Hilltop Drive
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242
Thank you for reviewing the graduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Please submit your application.