- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
International Graduate Doctoral Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant must review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. In addition to saving time and paper, students who apply online will also be able to check their application status by using the log in and personal identification number (PIN) established when starting the online application.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions. Click the "Finish Later" button to save portions of the application you have already completed.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your Login and PIN.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original Login and PIN to securely check your status.
You will be prompted to select the academic unit (i.e. College of The Arts, College of Communication and Information, etc.) of your intended major, and a concentration area if applicable. This information can be found in the Graduate Programs Listing.
To complete the application process an international undergraduate applicant must submit the following items, to the International Admissions office at:
Office of Global Education
Kent State University
106 Van Campen Hall
625 Loop Rd
Kent, OH 44242 USA
- Application Fee
There is a $70 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation
Submit letters of recommendation completed by persons who are familiar with your educational goals and your ability to achieve them. Those individuals should comment on your professional and/or academic ability. For applicants wishing to use a form rather than have their references write a letter, a letter of recommendation form is available in printable format.
Submit an official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college or university (except Kent State University) in which 9 semester hours or more were earned.
- English Proficiency Examination
All applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must have objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. Some applicants may be eligible for an English proficiency waiver.
- Financial Information Worksheet
All applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States must complete the Financial Information Worksheet for International Students. The worksheet must be accompanied by a current bank statement from the sponsor's financial institution. Access the Financial Information Worksheet form.
- Additional Documents
Please consult the Graduate Programs Listing to determine which of the following materials are required by your department:
- Official test score reports of the GRE, GMAT or MAT as required by your department.
- Statement of goals, resume/vita as required by your department. You will be prompted to submit these as attachments via the online application. You also have the option of mailing the materials to the admitting office.
- Audition tapes, portfolios, slides, essays, writing samples, etc . as required by your department.
- Application for Graduate Appointment
Complete the Application for Graduate Appointment (if applying for one) and send to the appropriate department in which you wish to apply for a graduate appointment. Applicants for graduate appointments beginning fall semester should apply for admission no later than the previous Feb 1 to ensure consideration in the first selections made by the departments.
Thank you for reviewing the undergraduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Visit the Office of Global Education's International Admissions page for additional information.