- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Undergraduate Transfer Application
Please review the Admission Requirements list and gather the necessary materials before beginning the application. Applicants are able to update and check the status of their applications by logging in with the ID and personal identification number (PIN) established during the application process.
Former students: Are you returning to Kent State?
If you’ve taken classes at Kent State University in the past, you might not need to apply for admission. Read more here.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions. Click the "Finish Later" button to save portions of the application you have already completed.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your Login and PIN.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original Login and PIN to securely check your status.
- Submit your nonrefundable application fee by using a credit card or checking account.
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university you have attended, even if you feel credit will not be transferable.
- Applicants with fewer than 12 semester hours of college coursework should also submit an official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores.
- Be aware of any special admission requirements for your major.
Who is Admissible to Kent State as a Transfer Student?
Students who have attended any educational institution after graduating from high school must apply as a transfer student.
Generally, a transfer applicant who has taken 12 or more semester hours with a college cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale may be admitted. An applicant who has taken fewer than 12 semester hours will be evaluated on both collegiate and high school records.
Transfer applications are processed on a rolling basis. However, early application helps to ensure early consideration for class registration, residence hall preferences and financial aid. Therefore, the best time to apply is at least six months prior to the term you wish to enter Kent State.
Transfer students who wish to be admitted to the Aerospace Engineering program must have completed a minimum 12 semester hours in college-level coursework with a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and have earned a minimum B grade in MATH 12002 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I and PHY 23101 General University Physics I (or their equivalents).
Transfer applicants who have completed less than 12 semester hours of college-level coursework will be evaluated on both collegiate and high school records and must submit a final high school transcript and an ACT or SAT score.
A transfer student with a 2.75 cumulative GPA based on 24 or more semester hours of college-level coursework will be considered for admission. Applicants who have completed one year of English composition (6 semester hours) and calculus (MATH 11022, 12002, 12012) are encouraged to submit the Summer Studio petition to enroll in Theory of Architecture I and II during the summer session. Enrollment in these summer courses could reduce the time required to earn the degree by as much as one year. The deadline to submit the Summer Studio petition is May 12.
Applicants meeting the general transfer requirement for admission (2.0 cumulative GPA) will receive an art application from the School of Art. A portfolio must be submitted for review.
A cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 (2.25 for economics and entrepreneurship) is required for admission into the College of Business Administration. Students who have previously attended Kent State must also have a minimum 2.50 GPA (2.25 for economics and entrepreneurship) in their former Kent State coursework.
Dance Performance/Dance Studies
In addition to meeting the general transfer admission requirement (2.0 cumulative GPA), students must audition before being admitted to the dance program. Inquiries can be directed to the Dance Coordinator, 266 MAC Center Annex, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001 (or call 330-672-2069).
To qualify for a teacher education program, transfer applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in all college coursework. Students who have previously attended Kent State must also a minimum 2.75 GPA in their former Kent State coursework.
Fashion Design & Fashion Merchandising
To be considered for admission, transfer applicants need at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA based on 24 or more semester hours of college-level coursework at an accredited institution. Those students meeting this GPA requirement but with less than 24 semester hours will be evaluated according to the new freshman criteria.
A transfer applicant must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a minimum of 12 semester hours of college-level coursework to be admitted to the interior design major. Students from FIDER-recognized interior design programs should have achieved the minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and submit a portfolio to the director of the program for review.
Students must audition before being admitted to the School of Music. Inquiries can be directed to the Coordinator of Admissions and Scholarships, School of Music, E-101 Music and Speech, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001(or call 330-672-2172).
Students must audition before being admitted to the B.F.A degree program in Musical Theatre. Inquiries can be directed to the Theatre Coordinator, B-141 Music and Speech, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001 or call 330-672-2082.
All transfer applications to the College of Nursing must include both college and high school transcripts to be complete. Enrollment in the sophomore sequence is limited and begins only in the fall semester each year. Preference will be given to applicants who have at least a 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA or higher, both as a cumulative average and in the following first-year sciences:
- BSCI 21010 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BSCI 21020 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BSCI 20021 Basic Microbiology
- CHEM 10050 Fundamentals of Chemistry*
- CHEM 10055 Molecules for Life*
The transfer applicant must have completed the first-year sciences and the Math requirement for the Nursing program. Students should have completed 30 semester hours or more of college-level coursework. Students should contact the College of Nursing regarding special information and deadlines by calling 330-672-7930.
*Please complete the equivalent of either CHEM 10050 or CHEM 10055.
Speech Pathology & Audiology
To qualify for the Speech Pathology & Audiology major, transfer applicants need at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA based on 12 or more semester hours of college-level coursework at an accredited institution. Those students meeting this GPA requirement but with less than 12 semester hours will be evaluated according to the new freshman criteria.
Thank you for reviewing the undergraduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Please submit your application.