Tuition & Financial Assistance
Financial Information and Resources for International Students
At Kent State University your success is just as important to us as it is to you. The university provides a variety of resources to ensure your personal success. Financial assistance is available to students at all levels of education.
How much you would need to prepare for study abroad in Kent State?
- Undergraduate students will need to document $30,176 of available financial support. Find out more about undergraduate student expenses.
- Graduate students will need to document $27,106 of available financial support. Find out more about graduate student expenses.
- ESL students will need to document $21,566 of available financial support. Find out more about ESL program expenses.
Note: These expense estimates are set by Kent State annually and represented in U.S. dollars. The U.S. government requires all student visa applicants to show proof of funding that meets or exceeds these estimates. The totals above include money for tuition, housing, food, medical insurance and care, books and supplies, and miscellaneous expenses.
What is needed to issue your immigration document?
All international applicants to Kent State University must be able to document that they have the financial resources needed to support their educational and living expenses for at least one full year. Your financial support is usually verified by two documents:
- A completed Financial Information Worksheet (provided with the application for admission).
- A bank statement or a bank letter from the appropriate financial institution signed by an official. (Such a statement may also be in the form of an affidavit).
When to send the financial document?
- Please note that your financial documents are not required for admission purposes but are required for us to process immigration documents.
How to send the financial document?
- For faster process, all the documents can be scanned as a multi-page PDF file (within 5MB) and sent to International Admission Office through email@example.com