Advising and Registration Program
Congratulations, Class of 2015
You’ve done it! You’ve chosen one of Ohio’s top universities, Kent State University, to continue down the path of academic achievement.
As you take this journey, you will have consistent help and guidance along the way. The first step in this process is an overnight summer program called Destination Kent State Advising and Registration.
What to expect from your overnight program:
- Experience living in campus housing.
- Plan your fall schedule during a one-on-one meeting with your college advisor.
- Meet with a representative from your college who will act as your guide.
- Get started making friends with other first-year students.
- Take placement assessments.
- Gather necessary information from the offices of Student Financial Aid, Residence Services and the Bursar.
Regional Campus Placement Testing and Advising Services
- Ashtabula Campus, where you will need to participate in Destination Kent State Ashtabula. DKSA helps with placement testing, scheduling and more. Call the Student Services Office at 440-964-3322 to choose a date and time that work for you.
- East Liverpool Campus, where you will need to engage in COMPASS and STAR programs. To register, call 330-385-3805.
- Geauga Campus, where you can make an appointment for COMPASS placement testing by calling the Geauga Campus at 440-834-4187 or Twinsburg Center at 330-487-0574. Find more information on COMPASS placement testing.
- Salem Campus, where the Student Testing Advising Registration (STAR) program includes the basic COMPASS assessment. To register, call 330-332-0361.
- Stark Campus, where new students must complete COMPASS placement testing before class registration. Visit Stark Student Resources to learn more and view testing hours.
- Trumbull Campus, where the Student Services office schedules your COMPASS placement assessment. Call 330-675-8860.
- Tuscarawas Campus, where the COMPASS placement test is required. To register, call 330-339-3391.