Transfer & Transitioning Students
Join us at Kent State.
Each year, many new students transfer to Kent State University to complete their education. Whether you have completed a semester, received an associate’s degree or attended a number of colleges, we would like to help you become one of Kent State’s more than 200,000 alumni.
- It is recommended that Transfer applicants complete 12 or more semester hours in college-level coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 12 semester hours will be evaluated on both collegiate and high school records. Transfer applicants with fewer than 12 semester hours in college-level coursework must submit a final high school transcript and an ACT or SAT score.
- All college-level courses with the grade of C or better that are completed at a regionally accredited college/university will transfer to Kent State. College-level courses taken at Ohio regionally accredited colleges and universities (Fall Semester 2005 or later) with a letter grade of D or better will transfer.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
To apply for admission a Transfer applicant must submit:
- Online Application.
- Application fee of $40.
- All College-level transcripts.
- High school transcript and ACT/SAT scores (if fewer than 12 semester hours of college-level coursework).
- Apply for admission 6 months before enrollment. Apply online now!
- The Transfer Center conducts transfer credit evaluation automatically after admission and will send an email notification once your transfer evaluation is complete.
- February 15: Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA to the federal processor.
- Contact the Department of Residence Services regarding on-campus housing.
- Contact your Advising Office to discuss your transfer evaluation.
If you are currently attending a Regional Campus of Kent State and are considering the Kent Campus in a future semester, there are many resources available to ensure a successful transition. There is no additional application required. In order to obtain the best possible foundation for academic success, we recommend that you complete the following minimum academic achievements before transitioning to the Kent Campus:
- Successfully complete any developmental coursework as prescribed by an academic advisor.
- Successfully complete 12 semester hours of coursework.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
Use the links below to learn more about making the transition to the Kent Campus: