Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Advancement News

Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative Moves to New Home

Posted Jun. 3, 2010

Grants from four organizations make relocation possible

CUDCThe Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative, Kent State’s community service organization that provides design services, research and advocacy for the Northeast Ohio’s cities, has a new location to call home.

A previously vacant building at 1309 Euclid Ave. in Cleveland’s PlayhouseSquare has been renovated to house the program, which also gives real-world learning opportunities to graduate students in the College of Architecture and Environmental Design. The prominent downtown area is located along the new Euclid Corridor and is envisioned as part of a “District of Design,” with architecture, engineering, design and planning firms located within its boundaries.

Major Centennial Campaign support for the relocation has been provided by the Cleveland Foundation, George Gund Foundation, Kent H. Smith Charitable Trust, and Kelvin and Eleanor Smith Foundation.