2007 Spring Saturday Art Program ExhibitionPosted May. 2, 2007
- When does a place become more than a name?
- What can objects tell us about who we are?
- How can we change spaces to change our future and past?
For 9 weeks in Saturday Art Program, children (age 4-14) were transformed into art detectives to investigate the connections between meanings and stories in places, spaces and objects. They shared their creative findings with the community in a Final Art Show.
Theme: The Power of Art
- It can change you, your life and your future.
- It can help you connect to your community and locate your identity.
- It can change the way you see the world and the way you dare to dream.
For nine weeks in Saturday Art School, students will engage in a visual quest to explore and experience the power of art, and then project their personal visions in an empowering final art show.