NYC Studio: Summer Session: Apply
Registration is open November 1, 2012
How Do I Apply?
The online Intent to Participate (ITP) form is available each year from September 15th until October 15th. After this time, both KSU and NON-KSU fashion design and fashion merchandising students can submit a PDF version of the ITP by mail or by email to Young Kim at email@example.com. Students should consult their academic adviser to plan for this experience and ensure that it corresponds with their academic course plan. Once you have made a decision to participate in the program, we recommend that you submit the ITP online or PDF form, as soon as possible. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Design and merchandising majors should complete required 20000 level FDM courses prior to attending the NYC Studio Program. Participants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA by the commitment date.
For Summer 2013:
- Complete and submit the on-line Intent to Participate form to hold a spot in the program. You will receive an immediate message confirming your submittal. Submitting the Intent To Participate form does not commit you to the program, it simply holds your spot until the summer’s Commitment Contract and Program Fee deadline. Once your application is processed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the NYC Studio indicating if you were accepted or placed on a wait list and further details. Confirmations are normally sent 5-7 business days after ITP submittal. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to secure your spot in the program, you must complete and submit the Commitment Contract and $1,000 Program Fee by the dates, below. The original Commitment Contract must be mailed to the address on the form and postmarked by the due date. Keep a copy for your records. Once we have received your Commitment Contract, you will receive a confirmation, via email, verifying that you have met the GPA requirement and may make the Program Fee payment. DO NOT make the Program Fee payment until you have submitted your Commitment Contract and have received an email from the NYC Studio verifying you have met the requirements.
- The $1,000 Program Fee must be paid online with a credit card. Please refer to the fee payment instructions, below. Students who submit the Intent To Participate form and are accepted in the program, but fail to submit the Commitment Contract and Program Fee by the deadline, will be dropped from the program.
February 1, 2013: Deadline for Summer 2013 Commitment Contract. $1,000 program fee due after student receives eligibility confirmation.
Students from other colleges and universities must be enrolled at KSU as a guest student. Students should consult their academic advisor from their home institution to determine how this experience will count toward their degree.
Guest students must also complete and submit the Transient Admission Application form (including $10 application fee) to apply for Guest Student Status. Guest students will receive an official letter from Kent State University verifying admittance to Kent State. This letter also includes information on setting up your Kent State student account.
Guest students may request a transcript to send to their home school via the Kent State University Registrar by visiting http://www.kent.edu/registrar/student/transcript.cfm
Guest students, who are planning to sign-up for the Fashion Forecasting class, must complete the Prerequisite Confirmation Form, with required signatures.
Guest students must pay their Program Fee via CashNet using FlashLine user ID and password provided in KSU Admissions acceptance letter.
Fee Payment Instructions
Students are REQUIRED to pay the Program Fee on-line through CashNet on the Kent State Bursar’s website. The NYC Studio will not accept payments prior to official verification of program eligibility and submittal of the Commitment Contract. Tuition payment is billed to student’s Bursars account approximately one month prior to the start of the term. Please refer to the KSU Tuition and Fee Schedule for dates.
To make a payment:
- Go to www.kent.edu/bursar
- Click on Pay Online/View E-bill (on left side of page)
- Log in using FlashLine user ID and password (provided in KSU Admissions acceptance letter)
- Click Make Payment on the blue bar at the top of the page
- Select Fashion Design and Merchandising near bottom of page
- Read the page that explains the fees, click on your selection, then Add to School Bag
- Select Checkout to choose payment method
Online, you will choose:
- New York – Summer Session 2013 Program Fee
A non-refundable, non-transferable program fee of $1,000 is due with the Program Application to secure enrollment in the NYC Studio Summer Session (June 3 - July 26, 2013). The tuition payment is billed separately. Tuition payments are due approximately one month prior to the start of the program.