- Professional Title: Student Development Advisor.
- Responsibilities: As the Student Development Advisor I oversee the SSS Peer Mentoring Program. I train, lead and supervise a staff of peer mentors who meet regularly with SSS students who need additional support in adjusting to college or developing/applying skills needed for academic success. My other responsibilities include reviewing academic progress, course selection, and goals with SSS participants to ensure timely graduation. As Student Development Advisor I serve as a liaison between SSS students and campus student services/programs.
- Educational Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Child and Family Studies and Business Administration from Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. Master of Education in Higher Education Administration & Student Personnel from Kent State University.
- Previous Employment: Graduate Admissions Counselor at Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio.
- Membership in Professional Organizations: National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), Mid-America Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (MAEOPP), Ohio Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (OAEOPP), Ohio Career Development Association (OCDA), Kent Academic Support and Advising Association (KASADA)
- Academic Success Tip: Handle your time or it will handle you!