Take a Step to Ensure your Success
The Academic Success Center (ASC) offers free tutoring and support services that foster each student's academic and personal growth. Start now to maintain or improve your grades. Assistance is available to ALL students.
The following services are free:
Student Support Services:
A Federal TRiO Grant to serve students who meet one or more of the following criteria: first generation college student, recipient of a Federal Pell Grant, registered with Kent State Student Accessibility Services. Use our Eligibility Calculator to see if you qualify!
To see if you are eligible:
- Download and Complete the 2012-2013 Application for Tutoring and Class/Work Schedule Spring 2013
- Bring the completed application to the Academic Success Center located in 207 Schwartz Center (MSC) between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday. You will meet with a subject specialist to discuss your options for tutoring.
Students are encouraged to apply during the first week of each semester as spaces fill up quickly.
The Academic Success Center is dedicated to helping students; Our staff match students with the tutor that will be the most helpful to them based on personality, grade level, and instructor.
As members of the staff of Undergraduate Studies we are committed to:
- Serving all students, to the best of our ability, with dignity and respect
- Creating and environment that is safe, comfortable and educational
- Exhibiting and maintaining respect for individuals with consideration of their feelings
- Creating a relationship that fosters and supports each student's academic and personal growth
- Believing that all students are individuals who have much potential and possess a diverse set of strengths
- Respecting the confidentiality of all students
- Actively discouraging negative actions and stereotypes