- Professional Title: Reading/Writing Specialist and Course Coordinator.
- Responsibilities: Coordinate tutoring for Kent State students in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Physics (7 Ideas that Shook the Universe), History and Writing. Coordinate Reading and Study Strategies Courses.
- Work Honors: Recipient, Summer Teaching Development Grant (2011), University Teaching Council, Kent State University; Presenter, College Reading and Learning Association (2010) Salt Lake City, UT "Mini Lessons in Teaching Academic Vocabulary"; Response to Intervention Leadership Team (2007-2008), Aurora City Schools; Strategic Planning Committee (2007), Aurora City Schools
- Educational Degrees: Bachelor's Degree in Education, University of Akron; Master's Degree in Reading Specialization, Kent State University.
- Previous Employment: Instructor, Reading and Study Strategies Courses, Kent State University; Reading Intervention, Aurora City Schools; Tutor for Homebound Students, Aurora City Schools; Title I Reading Intervention, ECOT.
- Membership in Professional Organizations: College Reading and Learning Association, Council for Opportunity in Education, National Association for Developmental Education, National Council of Teachers of English
- Professional Certification: Licensed from State of Ohio - Five Year License; Integrated Language Arts (7-12), English (9-12), Speech/Communication (9-12), Reading (K-12), All areas of Communications (7-8)
- Academic Success Tip: Make a regular appointment to study in your favorite quiet space during your peak performance hours. I am a night owl and do my best studying in the evening. During Grad school, I would keep regular study "appointments" in my basement away from everyone. I brought down snacks and sat by the heater. My bedtime was midnight and woke the next day at 9am. It worked for me!