- Professional Title: Mathematics Program Specialist
- Responsibilities: I plan, implement, and evaluate the TRiO Student Support Services mathematics tutoring program for Kent State University.Throughout the semester I work to recruit, retain, monitor progress of students in the program, as well as use any intervention strategies necessary for students.I also recruit, hire, and train all math tutors for the program.
- Educational Degrees: Bachelor's Degree in Integrated Mathematics from Kent State University in 2005. Master's Degree from Miami University in Curriculum and Instruction in 2009.
- Previous Employment: I was a high school math teacher for 4 years at Fairfield Senior High School near Cincinnati, Ohio. While there, I taught 10th-12th graders in Geometry and Algebra II.
- Membership in Professional Organizations: Kent Association for Academic Advising (KASADA), Mid-America Association of Educational Opportunity Personnel (MAEOPP), Teaching Academic Survival Skills (TASS).
- Professional Certification: I have a teaching license in Integrated Mathematics for grades 7-12.
- Academic Success Tip: Do your best to stay on top of your studies. Work to come up with a plan or schedule to follow so you can make sure you are successfully completing everything on "your plate"