TRIO-specific tutoring is available to TRIO students in several subjects including Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology, and Computer Science and course-related support is offered through their Peer Mentoring Program.
- Scheduled, one-on-one tutoring sessions for most subjects
- Peer Mentoring to assist with the college transition and learning strategies
- Free computer lab access
- Private study space
- Membership in a community dedicated to academic success
Workshops and Events
TRIO SSS offers a variety of workshops and events throughout the year to help their students succeed academically and professionally and to build a strong, dedicated community.
Workshops and Events include:
- Financial literacy
- Graduate school preparations and campus visits
- Resume and career preparation
- Professional and personal development
- Social events and gatherings
- Cultural immersion trips and activities
Academic Mentoring is offered by TRIO SSS to help students take control of their academic career through evaluation of their strengths and academic progress and by helping them develop their academic and career goals.
Academic Mentoring involves:
- Membership in a community dedicated to academic success and graduation
- Assistant interpreting the Kent State University GPS
- Academic mentoring from one of our Program Coordinators
- Course selection and drop/add counseling
- Review of academic progress
- Assistance in choosing a major and developing academic and career goals
- Strengths assessment and evaluation