Welcome to the Department of Biological Sciences. We are a large, active department with multiple undergraduate and graduate degree programs and a strong research mission. Our department has……
- Internationally recognized, extramurally funded faculty who study a variety of research topics from ecology to human disease
- Formalized relationships with Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Holden Arboretum, and the University of Costa Rica that provide opportunities for undergraduates to gain hands on experience through internships and study abroad programs
- Extensive interactions with the School of Biomedical Sciences, as well as external connections to the Oak Clinic, the Lerner Institute of the Cleveland Clinic, and the Northeast Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- Over 1100 undergraduate majors-4th largest at Kent State
- Endowed seminar series co-organized by graduate students and faculty which features prominent speakers and includes our annual water and neuroscience symposia. Symposia themes build upon core faculty expertise such as the neuroscience of obesity and human impacts on water.
- Home of Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability which features faculty members from four of Kent State’s colleges; helps manage study of natural properties owned by Kent State in conjunction with management of our herbarium and conservatory