- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Careers in Biotechnology
Biotechnology work may be in:
Research and Development - conducting groundbreaking scientific research.
Quality Control and Assurance - perfecting the systems and procedures for research and production.
Manufacturing and Production - building innovative scientific technology. Biomanufacturing is an essential part of today's biotech industry.
Important areas of Biotechnology include:
Agriculture - conducting genetic research that may someday help fight world hunger.
Bioprocessing - an interdisciplinary specialty that draws on several scientific fields including: engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics, biochemistry, biology, and, of course, biotechnology.
Bioinformatics - working with sophisticated computer equipment, analyzing biological data, and creating massive genetic databases to unlock genetic information.
- Links to organizations with information on careers in biotechnology, biological and biomedical areas.
- Kent State University Career Services
- BioOhio - Biosciences and Biotechnology in Ohio
- Ohio Bioscience Resource Directory - Ohio companies or organizations.
- Biotech Work Portal