Biotechnology students are required to participate in an original research project. In doing so, students will develop and test hypotheses using real-world scientific techniques. Students will gain the opportunity to connect ideas, concepts and skills acquired in the classroom with scientific research.
Research may be conducted in an internship at an outside company or university or in individual investigations with researchers at Kent State University.
Please Select one of the Following Resources or Application Forms:
- General information on undergraduate internships and individual investigations
- Advice for finding a research mentor
- Links to internship opportunities
- Application form and instructions for BTEC 40196, Individual Investigations in Biotechnology
- Application form and instructions for BTEC40192, Internship in Biotechnology