- Lockdown Browser
- Scantron File Converter
- Clickers (Turning Point)
- Using Publisher Content
The Tech Spot @ ResNet
Complete Computer Care for students, faculty and staff.
Blackboard Upgrade Timeline
Key answers for faculty about the new LMS
Why are we changing LMS?
Blackboard Vista 8.0 will reach the end of its support cycle that its vendor offers and hasn't had new features or functionality developed in recent years. Blackboard Learn 9.1 offers a host of exciting new teaching and learning functions, features and tools.
Can I test-drive the new system?
Yes, You can request a practice course if you just want to look at the new features by submitting a ticket at KSU Support Portal.
Should I be using Blackboard Learn this Fall?
The following questions will help you make decison:
1. Do you have enough time to learn to a new system? We offer workshops and drop-in sessions through out the semester
2. Do you have a large class that will be affected by the transition: If your course relies heavily on Blackboard or you have large class you may want to wait till Spring 2011 so that you have enough time to attend training sessions and get your course ready in the new system.
3. Do you have a support person in your department (such as an Educational technologist or instructional technologist ) that could assist you with move to new system- Please cosult with your Educational Technologist in your college/deaprtment/campus and they will be able to assist you
I think would like to use Blackboard Learn for this semester, what do I need to do ?
If you would like to use the new system here is what you can do to get started:
1. If you have a educational technologist in your area please cosult with them first before you make a decison to move to the new system.
2. Contact your department scheduler and have them set course up in Banner for Blackboard Learn.
3. If you need content transferred from Vista 8.0 to Learn , submit this online form.
4. If you would like to Combine courses/sections please fill the online form.
5. Attend training workshops