Respondus LockDown Browser
The Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard Learn. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications on the computer. When an assessment is started, students browser screen is locked into it until they click submit for grading.
- The Quick Start Guide provides a brief overview of the Respondus LockDown Browser, as well as provide information to get you started.
- FAQ List will provide you with Frequently Asked Questions
Download LockDown Browser
Introduction to LockDown Browser Video
Respondus Help Center
Respondus Help Center, is a feature for LockDown Browser that will troubleshoot technical issues. The Help Center button will appear on the toolbar in LockDown Browser once a student has accessed their course in Blackboard Learn. Within seconds, a system and network check can be ran on their computer, providing immediate information about what might be wrong.
If the solution still isn't resolved, several options are available without ever leaving the LockDown Browser application:
- System check results can be emailed directly to the institution's help desk
- A student-friendly knowledge base can be accessed with answers to common questions
- A support ticket can be opened with Respondus