Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams. Respondus gives you the ability to create exams offline using a familiar Windows environment. After an exam has been created, it can be published directly to Blackboard Learn or printed on paper for use with offline courses.
How to download Respondus
To download Respondus and obtain the password needed to install it:
- Log into Blackboard Learn
- Go to your Course List and select the course titled “DOWNLOAD-Respondus Lockdown Browser”
- Click the link titled "Respondus: Download and Help for faculty" to view the password
If you do not see this course in your course list, please contact the help desk at 330-672-HELP(4357)
Register for Training Webinars by Respondus
Register for upcoming Respondus LockDown Browser Webinars below or visit the Respondus Website for additional information.
- Instructor Training for LockDown Browser: Prevent Cheating During Online Exams - This comprehensive training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use Respondus LockDown Browser with online exams. Webinar is 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end.
- Instructor Training for Quickly Create Online Exams: Respondus 4 and the Test Bank Network - Learn how, along with a Respondus 4 license, the Respondus Test Bank Network enables instructors to create online tests and learning activities - in just minutes - from official publisher test banks. The session will demonstrate how to request and create test questions from publisher test bank items, plus edit, format, and publish test questions to your LMS from Respondus 4. Webinar is 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end.
- Please check back for upcoming webinars!
- Quick Start Guide provides a brief overview of Respondus.
- Retrieve Your Exams (PDF) provides step to retrieve exams from Respondus.
- Video Tutorials provides visual instruction and assists you through using the program.
- Respondus into Blackboard Learn (PDF) provides steps on how to upload a quiz.
- Properly Format a Test (PDF) provides exact formatting required with Respondus.
Save Time with the Respondus Test Bank Network!
5,000+ Ready-to-Use Test Banks are available for the leading textbooks in higher education. Best of all, the Test Bank Network is free for instructors who adopt a participating textbook.
With Respondus 4.0, there's no easier way to create online exams with official publisher test banks since the questions reside in the cloud, you can easily see which items are popular with fellow instructors. Instructors select items from test banks to use in exams, self-assessments, learning activities, and games for online courses.
Respondus Help Center
Respondus Help Center, is a feature for LockDown Browser that will troubleshoot technical issues. The Help Center button will appear on the toolbar in LockDown Browser once a student has accessed their course in Blackboard Learn. Within seconds, a system and network check can be ran on their computer, providing immediate information about what might be wrong. If the solution still isn't resolved, several options are available without ever leaving the LockDown Browser application:
- System check results can be emailed directly to the institution's help desk
- A student-friendly knowledge base can be accessed with answers to common questions
- A support ticket can be opened with Respondus