New Blackboard learn mobile app for instructors and students!
The Bb Grader mobile app (currently only for iPads) will provide INSTRUCTORS with a portable solution for reviewing, providing feedback, and grading student submissions to Blackboard Learn assignments. Learn more about Bb Grader.
The Bb Student is Blackboard's first mobile app centered around STUDENT users. The app provides an intuitive ways for students to interact with courses, content, instructors, and other students. Learn more about Bb Student.
Blackboard Learn: New features and enhancements
Below are some of the new features and enhancements that were implemented in the May 2015 upgrade:
- Student Preview - Instructors can view their course exactly as a student does by using a student account the system generates for them.
- Calendar - Individual users now have more choice about how their calendars are formatted both in the Calendar tool and when making date selections. They can alter the first day of the week that starts the calendar view in month and week views. Users can also now choose the Hijri Islamic lunar calendar. There is now a course list filter in the calendar.
- Hijri Calendar - The Hijri calendar is an Islamic lunar calendar. Like the Gregorian (Western) calendar, there are seven days in a week and twelve months in a year. However, it is a lunar calendar based on lunar observations for the start of a month, and the year numbering is based on Islamic tradition rather than the Gregorian calendar's Christian tradition. The implementation uses the Umm al-Qura algorithm for date calculation.
- Content Editor Spellcheck – The spellcheck option’s default state to “ON”.
- Video Everywhere - Using the content editor, you can record video everywhere.
- SafeAssign - Now integrated into regular Blackboard Learn assignments.
- My Grades - Students are now able to view Instructor feedback by clicking View Feedback.
- Delegated Grading - Instructors can delegate grading to specific users.
- Anonymous Grading - Instructors can hide student names from submitted assignments for anonymous grading.
Instructor Enhancements Student Enhancements
Learn more about Blackboard Learn
Visit the Tutorials section under Resources for Faculty!
You can learn more about Grade Center, Course Tools or Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
Scheduled Maintenance Windows for Blackboard learn
Please note that Blackboard Learn scheduled maintenance windows are on Sunday's from 5am - 7am.
Blackboard may be down during that time for regular maintenance so please plan your course activities accordingly.
We will also post announcements in Blackboard Learn when there are planned updates and upgrades to the system.