Events & Competitions
Happy Birthday Raspberry Pi/Arduino Day 2014 Contest!
Applications are due at 11:59PM on Monday, April 14.
In celebration of the Raspberry Pi turning 2 years old AND the upcoming world Arduino Day 2014 event, BLP is hosting a contest to see who can create the most awesome project using a pi AND/OR arduino. Pis and arduinos should be used as the primary part for the project but may also include other hardware, software or any other parts as needed.
Projects will be entered into one of the following four categories, and evaluated by a panel of judges using the criteria below.
• Artistic: Use the Raspberry Pi / Arduino as a component of your music, animation, sound, performance, fashion or art installation.
• Utility: Make something useful that shows off the awesome potential of the pi or arduino
• Ridiculous: Show off your skills at making something incredibly goofy and/or pointless with a pi or arduino
• Enclosure: Design an awesome case for your pi and/or arduino
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
• Documentation (25%): Supporting material such as a blog, flickr set of photos, YouTube video, etc.
• Unique (75%): Novel use of the Pi / Arduino
Participants are welcome to use and check out technology supplies on BLP's technology resource list for this contest (including raspberry pis and arduinos).