Meet The Accountants Night
What is it?
- Networking event for all current & prospective, undergraduate & graduate accounting majors & MBA students to meet with organizations from the public, corporate, government and nonprofit accounting sectors.
- It is a coordinated effort by the Department of Accounting, Career Services and professional employers to hire college graduates for internships and full-time positions.
When is it?
- Sept. 26, 2013 (Thursday), Time: 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Location: Kent Student Center Ballroom
Why is it important to attend?
- Although an internship is not a guarantee of a job offer, gaining valuable experience will assist you in the process of obtaining a full-time position after graduation. In addition, you may qualify to receive academic credit for your internship.
- Website with event details: http://www.kent.edu/career/news/
General Tips about Meet the Accountant's Night:
Yes, it can be overwhelming, so try to relax.
Identify ahead of time the employers you want to talk to. When you arrive, view the brochure of where they are located. Some employers will have a lot of people waiting to see them, so plan accordingly.
For the employers you will want to talk to, have an index card of points you want to make to them and look at it BEFORE you are near their table or in their eye site. This way, they will know you prepared to talk with them.
What should you talk about:
Something you saw on their website (volunteer events, other group social events, training programs, etc.).
Questions about the position (assignment types, locations, etc.)
Once your questions are answered, ask them if they would like a copy of your resume and Student Information Form and then THANK THEM FOR THEIR TIME and tell them to have a good evening.
DO NOT hang out. You need to move on to other employers and be respectful of their time as they have other students to talk to.
Make sure you look professional (see the following link) and act professional thorough out the entire event.