1. Every year, between $40,000 â€“ $80,000 is awarded.
2. Most years, there is also a CPA Review Course scholarship (same application process).
3. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $4,000; funds can be used in most cases for tuition, books, room and board, and other educational expenses.
4. Student eligibility:
Undergraduate accounting majors who have at least finished ACCT 23020 (Intro to Financial Accounting) OR
Graduate students in the MSA program
5. Must be attending full-time at the Kent campus during the 2013-2014 academic year and must have attended Kent State at least one full semester prior to applying for a scholarship.
6. Generally, students with a 3.0 GPA or higher are eligible (lower GPAs might be acceptable for a few awards).
7. Academic merit, campus activities, financial need, diversity, military service, and other criteria are some of the criteria for various scholarships.
8. If awarded a scholarship, students need to attend scholarship banquet on Friday, April 26, 2013, from 5:30 - 9 p.m.