Global Management Center
Committed to increasing awareness of the global business environment, providing innovative learning experiences, and preparing students to compete in Global Business.
Dr. Michael Hu
Dr. Michael Hu, Bridgestone Chair of International Business, Academic Director of the Global Management Center
Dr. Hu teaches marketing management and marketing research at the MBA level. His research interests lie in marketing research, international business, neural networks and applied statistics.
Dr. Michael Mayo
Dr. Michael Mayo, John F. Fiedler-Borgwarner Endowed Chair in Global Business Studies
Michael Mayo is an Associate Professor of Marketing at Kent State University and has taught international marketing, marketing management, sales, international business and marketing ethics in the undergraduate, graduate and executive development programs.
The Goals of the Global Management Center are to:
- Engage with the world beyond our campuses.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the new challenges, opportunities, and concerns in global affairs.
- Provide innovative learning experiences for students.
- Prepare students to perform successfully in a globally competitive work environment.
- Provide a practical perspective to the integrated study of business, culture, and communication.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local, regional, and international partners in education and business to encourage multi-disciplinary scholarly research, teaching, and practice.
Recent Events and Activities
BORGWARNER LECTURE SPEAKER SERIES
- Dr. Carl Camden, CEO and President of Kelly Services Incorporated, "Globalization of the American Workplace," April 2009.
- Dr. Ilan Alon, Petters Chair of International Business, Rollins College, FL, “The Evolving Socio-Economic and Political Landscape of International Business in China,” December 2007.
- Dr. Patrick Low, Director of Economic Research and Statistics, World Trade Organization, “State of the Global Trade Address,” April 25, 2007
- Mr. Tim Manganello, BorgWarner CEO and Chairman, “Managing the Global Enterprise,” November 2006.
- Mr. Joe Leonard, Chairman and CEO of AirTran Airlines, “Strategic Positioning: The Case of AirTran,” April 2006.
- Mr. Gary Johnson, President of the World Trade Center in Cleveland, “NEO-Globalization: Globalization as it affects Northeast Ohio,” March 2006.
MBA CASE COMPETITION
- John Molson International MBA Case Competition, Montreal Canada, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- International MBA Case Competition at the George Washington University, 2007.
Since 2006, the Global Management Center has awarded a number of grants to faculty and doctoral students to support research initiatives in the areas of Outsourcing and Off-shoring, International Financial Reporting Standards, Global Brand Extension, and Retail Patterns in U.S.A. and China. Awards have also been used to strengthen teaching and research partnerships abroad.