- Full-Time MBA
- Online MBA
- Executive MBA
- MS Accounting
- MS Business Analytics
- MA Economics
- MBA - Dual Degrees
About the Master's Programs
Welcome to the College of Business Administration’s Graduate Programs. Since its inception, we have provided our graduates with the opportunity to accomplish and succeed in the professional and academic world. The high standards set at COBA are not demonstrated in our alumni alone, our multiple programs have achieved the highest level of accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
In addition to the demanding curriculum, you will find a faculty built upon expertise in each individual’s respective business fields and research concentrations. When graduates and professionals look to advance their career, they turn to the College of Business Administration.
Executive MBA Information Sessions and Webinars
Attending one of Kent State’s Executive MBA information sessions is a great way to learn more about our program from those who know it best. Enjoy coffee while speaking with the director, faculty members and alumni of the Executive MBA program, all of whom can provide first-hand experiences and knowledge of the projects, classes and program as a whole.
2017 Information Sessions and Webinars
- February 16, 6:30 p.m. - Twinsburg/Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- March 28, 6:30 p.m. - Room A311, College of Business Administration (Kent Main Campus)
- April 8, 11:00 a.m. - Experience Day, Room A311, College of Business Administration (Kent Main Campus)
- April 26, 6:30 p.m. - Twinsburg/Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- May 11, 6:30 p.m. - Conference Room #3, Main Hall, Kent Stark Campus
- June 7, 6:30 p.m. - Twinsburg/Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- June 11, 6:30 p.m. - Room A311, College of Business Administration (Kent Main Campus)
- April 18, 12 noon - Online Webinar
- May 16, 12 noon - Online Webinar
- June 15, 12 noon - Online Webinar
The Full-time MBA Program stresses a balance between theory, application, personal growth and sharpening of skills. Our challenging and innovative curriculum, taught by outstanding faculty, provides a broad foundation across key business disciplines, as well as the opportunity to specialize in one of six areas:
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
The Online MBA is an entirely online program, designed for those with hectic schedules. It's your MBA, at your own pace.
About the Program
- AACSB Accredited
- Modular, eight-week course structure allows you to enroll at any time and go at your own pace
- Project-based curriculum and flexible schedule
- Access to MBA career coach, digital Career Services offerings and online speaker series
- Option to study abroad with a $2,500 scholarship available to all students
- International business and supply chain management concentrations available
- Access to full range of resources offered to in-person graduate students
- Flexible academic advisors are always willing to help
Executive MBA for Corporate Professionals
Why Get an Executive MBA for Corporate Professionals? Kent State University’s Executive MBA Program (EMBA) is an AACSB accredited accelerated program designed to prepare busy professionals for career advancement.
It focuses on effectively utilizing sound strategic thinking, decision-making supported by analytics, cross functional team support, ethical leadership and enhancing personal skills that effectively impact change in a globally competitive and technologically complex business environment.
Executive MBA for Healthcare Professionals
The Healthcare MBA Program at Kent State University’s AACSB accredited College of Business Administration is an accelerated program that is designed to prepare you for increased responsibility through the development of sound strategic thinking, analytical decision-making, teamwork, ethical leadership and personal skills that effectively impact organizational change in a rapidly changing business environment for U.S. healthcare.
The Master of Science in Accounting program prepares students for responsible leadership positions in public, corporate, nonprofit, and government accounting. The combination of coursework with the option of an internship provides students with a strong theoretical foundation in accounting as well as an understanding of the practical applications of the discipline. Upon completion of the program and 150 semester credit hours, students will be considered as having met the educational requirements for sitting for the CPA exam in the State of Ohio.
MS Business Analytics
The emergence of advanced technologies for capturing, preparing, and analyzing data provides unprecedented opportunities for those with business analytics expertise that spans all industries and organizations. Combine your business skills and analytical acumen to become a professional with a Master of Science degree in Business Analytics (MSBA).
Graduate education is increasingly important in the modern workforce, providing higher salaries and more opportunities for career advancement. Our M.A. in Economics offers two tracks, Financial Economics and Economic Analysis that are built upon a set of core courses in economic theory as well as econometrics and data analysis.
MBA - Dual Degrees
We offer five intensive course loads that take advantage of parallel curriculums to accelerate you to another level of higher learning.
- Architecture: Further your career in technical knowledge and design creativity in the architectural world. Graduates successfully learn to pair architectural skill with the knowledge to run their own business.
- Communication Studies: Are you a professional or Bachelor of Arts student looking to enhance your communication skills to influence global businesses, while you develop skills to augment your professional career?
- Library Science and Information: Enhance your management career in both large libraries and information centers by furthering your computing expertise, while learning to manage the most-commonly used information infrastructures.
- Nursing: You will gain advanced nursing training paired with core management techniques enabling you to both develop and manage patient-oriented organizations.
- Translation: To bolster your business sense in the translation world with language courses specializing in French, German, Japanese, Russian or Spanish, graduates are prepared for positions within large industry, international business or as an independent translator.