- Executive MBA
- EMBA for Health Care Professionals
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Dual Degree MBA
Masters in Business Administration:
Marie Yeh is a Teaching Fellow in the Department of Marketing & Entrepreneurship at Kent State University. Prior to joining Kent State in 2009, Marie had a successful career in nonprofit management and public health serving most recently as the Executive Director of the Coalition for Children’s Mental Health. She also has over eleven years of experience in health promotion and disease prevention utilizing media campaigns, coalition building, peer education, social marketing, and other methods to raise awareness and affect attitudinal and behavioral change. She is an accomplished trainer and educator with over fifteen years of experience in multiple settings with a wide variety of audiences. She also served as an independent grants consultant and grant writer bringing in over $12 million in funding for prominent regional Ohio nonprofits including Akron Children’s Hospital, Summa Health Systems, NEOUMED, Community Support Services and Bellefaire JCB. She holds a Masters in Counseling from Old Dominion University and a Bachelor of Science in Health Education from the University of Maryland, College Park. Her research interests include consumer socialization, persuasion, decision making and marketing’s intersection with health and public policy.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
· 2012. A Study of Children’s Trading, funded by Sawtooth Software, Role: Principal Investigator, (CBC/Web-Based System for Choice-based Conjoint Analysis Licenses valued at $13,500).
· 2011, Reversing the Endowment Effect, funded by Towson University Office of University Research Services, Role: Co-investigator, ($836.85).
· 2001, Reducing Alcohol and Drug Abuse using Social Marketing, funded by National Collegiate Athletic Association, Role: Principal Investigator, ($20,000).
· 2001, Smoking Cessation: Helping College Students Quit, funded by Maryland Department of Health, Role: Principal Investigator, ($15,000).
· 2000, Stopping Violence Against Women on Campus, funded by U.S. Department of Justice, Violence Against Women Office, Role: Principal Investigator, ($387,000).
· 2012-2013, University Fellowship, Kent State University
· 2012, AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Seattle, WA
· 2010-2011, Winner of Dean’s Best Paper Award (College-wide), KSU College of Business Administration
· 2010, Golden Key National Honor Society
Manuscripts under Review
Yeh, Marie A., Robert D. Jewell and Michael Y. Hu, “Just the Facts: Stereotype Processing’s Effect on the Impact of the Myth/Fact Message Format & the Role of Personal Relevance (under review at Psychology & Marketing).
Manuscripts in Progress
Yeh, Marie A. and Robert D. Jewell, “Information Processing of the Myth/Fact Message Format,” Status: Preparing manuscript for submission to Journal of Public Policy and Marketing.
Yeh, Marie A. and Michael Y. Hu, “PhRMA’s Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals: Implications for Health Care Reform,” Status: Preparing manuscript for submission to Journal of Pharmaceutical and Health Care Marketing.
Yeh, Marie A., Mary Schramm and Michael Y.Hu (2012), “The Interplay between Self- and Government-Regulation: The Case of the Pharmaceutical Industry,” Working Paper Session, American Marketing Association Marketing and Public Policy Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
Yeh, Marie A., Robert D. Jewell and Michael Y.Hu (2011), “Stereotype Processing’s Effect on the Impact of the Myth/Fact Message Format: The Role of Personal Relevance,” Competitive Paper Session, Association for Consumer Research Annual North American Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.
Grewal, Rajdeep, Michael Hartline, Robin Soster and Marie A. Yeh (2011), “Finding Your Dream Job: Trends and Insights into Marketing Academia's Job Market,” Special Session, American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference, San Francisco, California.
Yeh, Marie A., Robert D. Jewell and Michael Y. Hu (2011), “The Effect of Message Format on Attitudes about and Behavioral Intent towards People with Mental Illness,” Competitive Paper Session, American Marketing Association Winter Educators’ Conference, Austin, Texas.
- Consumer Socialization
- Decision Making
- Public Policy & Marketing
Vice-Chair of Research, DocSIG, American Marketing Association, 2011-2012
Association for Consumer Research