The College of Business Administration (COBA), AACSB accredited since 1964, is located on Kent State University’s main campus in Kent, OH.
- Nine undergraduate majors including accounting, business management, computer information systems, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general business, managerial marketing and marketing
- Thirteen minors/certificate enable degree specialization for business knowledge and marketability
- MBA programs both full-time and part-time, as well as Master’s degrees in Accounting and Economics
- Five MBA dual degrees offered in architecture, library and information science, nursing, translation and communication studies
- The Executive MBA has two programs; one for corporate professionals at the main campus, another customized for the healthcare industry held at Kent State University’s College of Podiatric Medicine
- Ph.D.: One of only 90 U.S. business colleges bestowing a Ph.D.
- 89 full-time faculty from 16 different countries
|FULL-TIME ENROLLMENT*||UNDERGRADUATE DEMOGRAPHICS*|
Total students: 4,372
* Based on Fall 2015
AVERAGE ANNUAL STARTING SALARY BY MAJOR
*Based on the class of 2016
AVERAGE ANNUAL STARTING SALARY
*Based on the class of 2016
ACCREDITED BY AACSB INTERNATIONAL
- Less than 5% of the world's business programs are AACSB accredited; it is the hallmark of excellence in business education.
- AACSB-accredited schools produce highly-skilled graduates that are desirable to employers.
- AACSB accreditation is the gold standard for students seeking the finest education and companies seeking cutting edge talent.
- We have the rare distinction of dual accreditation for both business and accounting; only 180 institutions worldwide hold an additional specialized AACSB Accreditation.
- Ranked as one of the top ten business colleges in Ohio and the number one public university in Northeast Ohio by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked as one of the nation's most outstanding business schools, according to the Princeton Review.
- Recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as a top university for professional sales education.
- Our MBA and EMBA programs are ranked Tier One by CEO Magazine.
- One of 23 accounting programs world-wide to receive IMA endorsement.
- Leading the way as the only college on campus with a dedicated satellite office of the university’s Career Services Center
- Empowering students to accomplish more than finding a job or internship, helping them discover a career and achieve success as undergraduates and graduates
- Engaging corporate partners through an advisory council, internships, mentoring, workshops and recruitment both on and off campus
- Providing the region and beyond with a rich source of talented successful candidates
- 2,101 career advising appointments in the 2015-16 academic year
- 483 scholarships awarded to current and prospective students in 2015
- Nearly $700,000 scholarship dollars awarded to students in 2015 by corporate partners, alumni and friends
- 155 faculty and student awards recognizing leadership and academic achievements in 2014
- 716 internships/jobs available through the Career Services Office
- 91% of business students are offered a job within 6 months after graduation
- 222+ business students interning, 8 of these being global internships
- 92% of internships were paid
- $173,000 Ohio Means Internships and Co-ops Grant to the Career Services Office in 2014
- Education Abroad Opportunities expose undergraduate and graduate students to international business and culture at Kent State’s campus in Florence or other cities including Dublin,Geneva, London, Madrid, Paris and Quebec
- They can be a semester long or a summer experience ranging from ten days to five weeks
- 184 students studied abroad*
- 120+ partnerships with institutions across the globe
- $2,500 scholarships for studying abroad are available to ALL business students
- $437,500 education abroad scholarships awarded*
*Information based on the 2015-16 academic year.
Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation (CEBI) immerses students in entrepreneurship education and experiences, advances innovative entrepreneurial research and nurtures regional outreach.
Global Management Center (GMC) strives to advance international business education opportunities; global research through industry partnerships; and provide an international stage for students, faculty and the public to learn and engage in best global business practices.
Center for Information Systems (CIS) promotes cooperation and networking between IT professionals and faculty, staff and students; advances curriculum relevance and provides internships, scholarships and excellent careers for our graduates.
College of Business Administration
475 Terrace Drive
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001