- Interview with Landon Hancock about local Zones of Peace
- Stream or download interviews with CACM Director Patrick Coy
- Curriculum Collaboration with Cuyahoga Community College
- Interview with Dr. Patrick Coy on Patriotism in the U.S.
- Peace and Conflict Studies Take Off Globally
- Study Finds Peace Organizations Historically Support Troops
- CACM Celebrates Anniversary & Milestone
- Our Graduates Speak for Themselves About the Center's Degree Program
Patrick Coy Co-authors New Book, Contesting PatriotismPosted Apr. 2, 2009
Patrick Coy's co-authored book, Contestiing Patriotism: Culture, Power and Strategy in the Peace Movement, analyzes activism during war when space for political debate shrinks. Narrow ideas of patriotism and security marginalize opposition to militarism abroad and repression at home. This book shows how these ideas were resisted across five U.S. wars. Concepts of culture, power, strategy, and identity are used to explain how the peace movement contributes to social and political change.