- Interview with Landon Hancock about local Zones of Peace
- Stream or download interviews with CACM Director Patrick Coy
- Curriculum Collaboration with Cuyahoga Community College
- Interview with Dr. Patrick Coy on Patriotism in the U.S.
- Peace and Conflict Studies Take Off Globally
- Study Finds Peace Organizations Historically Support Troops
- CACM Celebrates Anniversary & Milestone
- Our Graduates Speak for Themselves About the Center's Degree Program
Landon Hancock Co-edits New Book, Zones of PeacePosted Mar. 30, 2007
Assistant Professor Landon Hancock's new book, Zones of Peace, co-edited with Christopher Mitchell, examines sanctuary as it relates to historical and modern conflicts from the Philippines to Colombia and Sudan. It charts the formation and evolution of these varied "zones of peace," using case studies to highlight efforts by local people to achieve safety and democracy amid and following violent civil conflict, and attempts to arrive at a "theory of sanctuary" that may allow for new and useful peacebuilding strategies.