MTEC Degree: Specialization in Aeronautics/Aviation
The Aeronautics/Aviation option allows students to take advanced aeronautics courses and technology management courses. The program prepares students to be successful and to advance within aviation-related careers in business, government, and industry.
The program provides a broad-based educational experience that prepares students for administrative, managerial, operational, and technical positions in aviation and allied academic disciplines. It includes a combination of aeronautical courses emphasizing technical knowledge, skills, and practical experience along with courses focused on technology management principles and concepts.
This option is especially valuable for individuals currently working in aviation-related positions who are looking to further their education and enhance their careers
Master of Technology students specializing in Aeronautics/Aviation are required to complete a minimum of 33 credit hours of course work as indicated below:
Twelve credit hours of Technology core courses are required.
Aeronautics Technology Courses (Course Prefix AERN)
A minimum of 15 credit hours of Aeronautics coursework should be taken in AERN courses.
- A cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 21 credit hours of coursework must be taken in TECH or AERN courses.
- A minimum of 18 credit hours in 60000-level or above coursework is required.
- A maximum of four credit hours of Workshop coursework may be used to satisfy the degree requirements.
- A maximum of nine credit hours in Technology Individual Investigation coursework may be used to satisfy the degree requirements.
- Six credits total for thesis (TECH 61199: Thesis I) will be counted if the thesis option is chosen.