- About the College
- Faculty & Staff
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Program
- Academic Advising
- Admissions & Scholarships
- Director of Advancement
- Jobs, Co-ops & Internships
- News and Announcements
- Position Openings in College
- CAEST Merchandise Store
- CAEST Student Reference Web Site
- 中文版-Chinese Version
Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology Concentration
The mission of the aeronautical systems engineering technology area of concentration is to prepare students to enter the field of aeronautical engineering and technology with an emphasis placed on the application of scientific and engineering knowledge combined with technical skills and practical experiences.
In view of the highly technical and precise nature of aerospace design and manufacturing, the program, through its faculty, curriculum, internships, university initiatives and student groups, seeks to assimilate students to the critical and demanding culture of engineering in the aerospace industry. Matriculated students will possess the knowledge and technical skills necessary to positively impact the nation's air transport industry consistent with the vision of excellence of Kent State University.
The objective of the Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology area of concentration is to prepare students for entry-level professional careers in aviation systems engineering and technology fields.
- Students shall demonstrate a thorough understanding of fundamental aeronautical concepts and practices
- Students shall understand attributes of a modern aviation professional
- Students shall apply engineering principles and practices to real-world design problems