- About the College
- Faculty & Staff
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Program
- Academic Advising
- Admissions & Scholarships
- Director of Advancement
- Jobs, Co-ops & Internships
- News and Announcements
- Position Openings in College
- CAEST Merchandise Store
- CAEST Student Reference Web Site
- 中文版-Chinese Version
Air Traffic Control Concentration
Mission Statement: The mission of the air traffic control program is to prepare students for success at the FAA Academy and beyond by providing a broad knowledge of the aviation industry while honing the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed in air traffic control training.
The program holds at its core its role as an academic program and its responsibility to the aviation academy to deliver the highest level of Air Traffic Control education available at a post-secondary institution. Through continual developmental efforts the program purposes to matriculate graduates that exceed the expectations of the Air Traffic Control community and who are able to contribute to the aviation community consistent with vision of excellence of Kent State University.
Study Objective: The objective of the Air Traffic Control area of concentration is to prepare students for careers as professional Air Traffic Controllers upon graduation. Under the FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative the program will provide a continual pool of qualified applicants to fill developmental air traffic control specialist positions in both terminal and en route options.
- Students shall demonstrate a thorough understanding of fundamental aeronautical concepts and practices
- Students shall understand attributes of a modern aviation professional
- Students shall demonstrate a fundamental understanding of air traffic basics
- Students shall demonstrate the ability to effectively move traffic through all positions within the air traffic control environment