Art Annex (ARX)325 Terrace Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
Built in 1916, originally to supply steam for campus heating and cooling, the building sits across from the Art Building, home of the School of Art. The aging steam plant was decommissioned in 2001 when the Summit Street Power Plant was completed. In 2004, the facility gained new life and purpose as the Art Annex, with labs and work space for students and faculty. The building's four floors house spacious wood and metal sculpture labs, semiprivate studios for advanced undergraduate and graduate student projects, faculty studios, a critique gallery, storage space, exhibition space and clay and plaster studios.