Foundation and Development (FDB)1061 Fraternity Circle, Kent, Ohio 44242
Built in 1972, and acquired by the university in 1998, the Foundation and Development Building houses the offices of Institutional Advancement and the Kent State University Foundation. Raising private funds and building partnerships are key to sustaining Kent State's mission of teaching, research and outreach. Advancement professionals help to link alumni and friends to a variety of worthwhile initiatives. The Kent State University Foundation is a not-for-profit entity that receives monies on behalf of the university, manages and invests those funds, and administers them in accordance with donor wishes. While serving only Kent State, the foundation is legally separate from it.