The Kent State University Arch was originally located near the now demolished Terrace Residential Hall. It spanned the entrance to the Campus at Midway Drive off of East Main Street. A gift from the class of 1956, it served for many years as a gateway to the campus's post World War II eastward expansion. It was removed and renovated prior to the rebuilding and opening in 2006 of the Honors College, Stopher-Johnson Halls. Its present location, at the entrance to the Honor’s College parking lot, spans Janik Drive. It is directly between Bowman Hall and the Business Administration Building.