Application Timetable and Checklist
Well in advance (16-24 months) of your intended start date
- Thoroughly research programs available in your desired field of study.
- Visit the campus and speak to students in your program of interest.
Summer/Early Fall (13-16 months prior to start date)
- Meet with faculty members to discuss programs and your goal statement.
- Identify individuals who will write letters of recommendation for you.
- Request or locate online application/materials.
- Register in advance to take required admission tests.
- Take tests and have results sent to your desired college(s).
Fall (9-12 months prior to start date)
- Complete application forms and request transcripts be sent.
- Give your recommendation letter writers the information necessary to submit references (i.e. reference forms, goal statement, addresses, etc).
- Mail or submit online applications - get them in early!
- Contact college(s) for information about financial aid.
Complete essay/goal statement
Take admission test
Secure letters of recommendation
Complete financial aid forms