- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
The following self-assessment tools are designed to help students gain personal insight and information helpful in making career decisions. To learn more and to have your results interpreted by a career counselor, drop-in or contact our office to speak with a staff member.
MyPlan assessments can be taken for free using the KSU access code provided at www.kent.myplan.com. Assessments include a 1) Skills Profiler, 2) Interest Inventory, 3) Values Assessment, and 4) a Personality Test.
To make the most of completing an assessment, check "share results with a career advisor" when registering, then print out your results and meet with a Career Counselor who can help you interpret your feedback.
Collage: A Kent State to Career Portfolio
Login to Collage: A Kent State to Career Portfolio using your FlashLine user name and password. Here you will find a variety of exercises that will assist you with developing self-awareness and thinking about your major and career goals.
Decision Making Tools
» Use the Quick Career Decision Maker to better understand the factors that are important to you when making important decisions.
» Try Discover Your Decision Making Style to uncover your style and how to use it to your advantage.
Online Assessment to Gauge Your Career Readiness
Career Maturity Inventory (CMI)
The Career Maturity Inventory is a helpful way for students to gain personal insight into the process of and readiness for making career decisions. For more information and to take the assessment, visit the Career Maturity Inventory.
Self- Directed Search
The Self Directed Search (SDS) is the world's most widely used career interest inventory. Whether you are looking for a college major or career path, the SDS will provide valuable feedback about how your skills and interests are related to the world of work.
- Paper/pencil and free of charge.
- Takes 20-30 minutes to complete and 15 minutes to review results.
- No appointment required during drop-in career counseling hours.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality assessment designed to measure preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. Understanding your basic preferences can help you further explore the type of career environments you may best be suited for.
- Cost: $15.00 -- Includes a detailed report of results and interpretation by a MBTI certified career counselor.
- Speak with one of our MBTI certified career counselors to determine if this assessment is appropriate for you. If so, you will be provided a login and password for access to the online MBTI assessment.
- After taking the MBTI, you will need to schedule a one-hour follow-up appointment to receive your report and interpretation of results.
Card sorts like the Knowdell Values Card Sort are a quick and easy way for individuals to prioritize and categorize their skills and values in a way to that can aid in career decision making.
- Free of charge. Typically takes one hour to complete during a pre-scheduled appointment with a career counselor.