1. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
2. POLISH TOOLS & SKILLS
- Resumes & Letters
- Networking & Social Media
- Professional Etiquette
- Interviews & Job Offers
- Reference Letters
- Job Search Videos
- International Student OPT Guide
3. PLAN OUT YOUR SEARCH
- To stay organized and on task, establish a timeline and system to keep track of your activities.
4. LOCATE POSITION OPENINGS
- Experience Job & Internship Board: Apply to positions posted year round by employers and view organizations interviewing in our office. On-campus student jobs and graduate assistantships are posted daily by departments across all eight campuses. See the Student/Alumni Agreement & Guide for tips.
- Going Global: Find H1B employers, work permit/visa regulations, and cultural advice for working around the globe.
5. CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
- Follow up in a couple weeks to ask:
» What is the status of my application?
» What is your timeline for filling the position?
» Can I provide any additional information?
6. stay productive
- Volunteer to gain networking contacts and career-related experience.
- Join networking organizations and connect with KSU Alumni.
- Consider continuing your education or obtaining specialized training.
- Take a related job, even if at a lower level, which may lead to your end goal.
- Utilize temp agencies to get your foot in the door for long-term opportunities.