Check out our Experience Job & Internship Board and
Job & Internship Search
Steps in a Successful Job Search
1. Know what you want
2. Polish tools & skills
- Update your resume and networking strategies
- Brush up on professional etiquette
- Practice answers to interviews questions
- View tips in our Job Search Videos
- International Students should review OPT and CPT requirements
3. Plan your search & STAY PRODUCTIVE
4. LOCATE POSITIONS
- Attend Job & Internship Fairs on campus.
- Experience Job & Internship Board: Apply to positions posted by employers targeting the KSU talent pool. On-campus student jobs and graduate assistantships are posted by departments across all eight campuses. Register NOW and upload your resume! See the Student/Alumni Agreement & Guide for tips.
- Going Global: Find H1B employers, work permit and visa regulations, and cultural advice for working around the globe.
- Visit our favorite job search websites.
- If unable to locate full-time employment, utilize temp agencies to get your foot in the door for long-term opportunities.
5. CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
- Follow up in a couple weeks to ask: What is the status of my application, what is your timeline for filling the position and can I provide any additional information?