- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Job & Internship Search
Think of your job search efforts as weekly homework. Adopt a positive attitude and seek help from career counselors to stay motivated.
Use our Career Readiness Checklist to get prepared and stay on track.
"Very good experience. My visit was beneficial to getting my job search underway. I feel much less stressed." - KSU Student
The steps below are designed to help you organize the job search process, connect you with valuable resources, and make the "job of finding a job" a little less stressful.
Know What You Want
- Review the checklist to track your career/job search readiness
- Questions to ask yourself before you begin
- Get support from our career counseling team
Polish Your Job Search Tools & Skills
|Resumes & Letters||Interviews & Job Offers|
|Networking & Social Media||Reference Letters|
|Professional Etiquette||Videos on Job Searching|
|Disclosing a Disability||International Student OPT Guide|
Plan Out Your Job Search
- To stay organized, establish a timeline and system to keep track of your activities. Print out and use our handy Job Search Organizer to stay on task.
- Be aware and protect yourself from job scams.
Find and Apply for Positions
- Career Services Center Resources
Experience Job & Internship Board
Apply to positions posted year round by employers (profit and non-profit) and view organizations interviewing in our office. On-campus student jobs and graduate assistantships are posted daily by departments across all eight campuses. See the Student/Alumni User Guide for tips.
Log in to the Experience Job & Internship Board to access Going Global to find H1B employers, work permit/visa regulations, and cultural advice for working around the globe.
- Career Services Center Events
- Job/Internship Search Sites
Ohio Internships: NEOintern.net, Ohio MeansInternships.com
Ohio Jobs: OhioMeansJobs.com
Helpfull Job Search Web Sites
Check Status of Applications
- Follow up within a couple weeks after applying for a position to ask:
» What is the status of my application?
» What is your timeline for filling the position?
» Can I provide any additional materials or information?
Alternatives While Searching ....
- Volunteer to gain networking contacts and career-related experience.
- Join networking orgainizations, job search support groups, and connect with KSU Alumni.
- Consider continuing your education or obtaining specialized training.
- Take a related job, even if at a lower level, which may lead to your end goal.
- Utilize temp agencies to get your foot in the door for long-term opportunities.