- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Job & Internship Search Strategies
Refine Your Job Search
Refine your job search by answering the following questions. Be able to describe the jobs you are seeking, why you are qualified for those positions, and customize your resume accordingly.
What are my likes and dislikes?
- Take the Interest Inventory in MyPlan
- Complete the Self-Directed Search at the Career Services Center
- Take the Values Assessment in MyPlan
What am I good at?
- Take the Skills Profiler in MyPlan
- Complete the Skills exercise in Collage: A Kent State to Career Portfolio
Why do I want to pursue this career?
What is the job outlook?
What kind of life can I have with this career?
- Complete the Imagine Your Future Workday exercise in the Career Exploration section of Collage: A Kent State to Career Portfolio to understand your preferred work environment.
- Conduct an informational interview with a professional working in your chosen career
- What is your desired/minimum salary? Use the Salary Calculator to also consider the cost of living for specific geographical locations
Where do I find these jobs?
- Utilize the Experience Job & Internship Board
- Take advantage of networking strategies
- Check out the Career Services Center's Calendar of Events
- Review our favorite career/job search links
- Research organizations of interest including answers to questions such as:
» What are the employer's products or services? » What is unique about them?
» Is the organization expanding services or products? » What is the work atmosphere like?
» Are they a public/non-profit or private organization? How many employees work there?