- GIS | Health & Hazards Lab
- City and Community Studies Initiative
- Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability
David H. Kaplan
In addition, I am studying the consequences of global urbanization, mortgage lending, urban planning and design, and sustainable transportation issues.
I have also served as editor of National Identities for ten years and I just returned from a year as the Visiting Chair of Geopolitics at the University of Paris 8
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Human Geography. with J. Malinowski. McGraw-Hill. 2012.
- “Prospects for Poor Neighborhoods in the Broadband Era: Neighborhood Level Influences on Technology Use at Work" with K. Mossberger. Economic Development Quarterly. 2012.
- “How Geography Shapes National Identities” with G. Herb. National Identities 13:4 (2011)
- “Research in Ethnic Segregation III: Segregation Outcomes” with F. Douzet. Urban Geography 32:4 (2011), 589–605.
- Cambridge World Atlas, with G. Herb and M. Monmonier. Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- "Saisies immobilières et prêts à taux variables dans les quartiers: quelques exemples américains". Hérodote 132 (2009), 81-103.
- "An Analysis of the Relationship between Housing Foreclosures, Lending Practices, and Neighborhood Ecology: Evidence from a Distressed County" with G. Sommers. The Professional Geographer 61:1 (2009), 101-120.
- Nations and Nationalism: A Global Historical Overview (4 volumes) with G. Herb. ABC-CLIO. 2008.
- Urban Geography, with J. Wheeler and S. Holloway, second edition. John Wiley and Sons. 2008.
- "Traffic Congestion on a University Campus: A Consideration of Unconventional Remedies To Nontraditional Transportation Patterns." with T. Clapper. Planning for Higher Education 36:1 (2007), 28-39.
- Landscapes of the Ethnic Economy, with W. Li (eds). Rowman and Littlefield. 2006.
- Boundaries and Place: European Borderlands in Geographical Context, with J. Hakli (eds). Rowman and Littlefield. :2002.
- Nested Identities, with G. Herb (eds). Rowman and Littlefield. :1999.