- SUNY Stony Brook, Ph.D. 2003 Philosophy
- Bergische Universitat, Wuppertal, Germany, DAAD Doctoral Fellowship 1999-2001, Philosophy
- Hunter College, B.A. 1995 Mathematics
- New York University, B.A. Philosophy & English Literature 1990
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Die Bernauer Manuskripte uber das Zeitbewusstsein (1917/1918) [translation of The Bernauer Manuscripts on Time-Consciousness], Husserliana XXXIII, by Edmund Husserl, Springer, forthcoming 2012.
- Husserl: Critical Assessments of Leading Philosophers, 5 vols., co-edited with Rudolf Bernet and Donn Welton, Routledge, 2005.
- "The Idea of kosmos in Hellenistic Philosophy," in The Continuum Companion to Ancient Philosophy, ed. Sean D. Kirkland and Eric Sanday, Continuum, 2010.
- "Shifting Professional Identities: Reflections on a Faculty Learning Community Experience," Learning Communities Journal, 1 (2009) (with David Dees et al.).
- "The Importance of Number in Husserl's Early Theory of Time-Constitution," Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology, 40 (2009), 188-206.
- "The Neoplatonic and the Gothic: A Walk through Amiens Cathedral," pp. 59-76 in Jay Bregman and Melanie Mineo, eds., Platonism, Neoplatonism, and American Thought, University Press of the South, 2008.
- "The Place of the Universe: The Union of Science and Philosophy in Copernicus' De Revolutionibus," pp. 181-192 in John Finamore, ed., Metaphysical Patterns in Platonism: Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, and Modern, University Press of the South, 2007.
- "Living in the Moment: Husserl, Derrida and the Logic of the Now," 202-16 in Gary Banham, ed., Husserl and the Logic of Experience, Palgrave Macmillan, 2005.
- "'The Origin of Geometry' and the Phenomenology of Number," vol II, pp. 236-49 in Rudolf Bernet, Donn Welton, and Gina Zavota, eds., Husserl: Critical Assessments of Leading Philosophers, Routledge, 2005.