- Yale University, Ph.D. 1966 Philosophy
- The College of Idaho, B.A. 1956 Political Science
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Dongyang kwa Suyang: Du Chipyungsun eui Yunghap (East and West: Fusion of Horizons). Seoul: Kil Publishers, 1998.
- Dongsu Moonwha wa Chulhak (Philosophy and Cultures of East and West). Seoul: Chulhak kwa Hyunshill Sa, 1996.
- "Confucianism and Pragmatism: Self, Process, and Rites/Rights," Philosophy and Culture 1 (1999): 53-91.
- "Rorty and Chuang Tzu: Anti-Representationalism, Pluralism and Conversation (or Resonance of Pipings)," Journal of Chinese Philosophy 23 (1996): 175-92.
- "Two Ways of Morality: Confucian and Kantian," Journal of Chinese Philosophy 18 (1991): 89-121.
- "A Critique of the Scope and the Method of Northropian Philosophical Anthropology and the Projection of a Hope for a Meeting of East and West," Journal of Chinese Philosophy 11 (1984): 255-74.
- "Kant on Empirical Concepts, Empirical Laws and Scientific Theories," Kant Studien: Philosophische Zeitschrift der Kant Gesellschaft, 72, Jahrgang. Heft. (1981): 398-414.