More College of Nursing Policies
- Students are eligible to make application after having achieved a bachelors degree
- 2.750 cumulative GPA from their accredited degree granting institution
- 2.750 GPA in the required sciences (BSCI 20020, 20021, CHEM 10050, 10052, or CHEM 10054)
- Students must earn a 2.000 (grade of C) in each of the prerequisite science courses (BSCI 20020, 20021, CHEM 10050, 10052, or CHEM 10054) to be eligible for admission
- Two recommendations, either academic or professional, are also required for admission
- Consideration for admission to the Accelerated Program is given to students who:
- Have work or volunteer experience in a helping profession or healthcare/patient contact related experience.
- Completed any of the following courses: BSCI 30030, BSCI 30050, NUTR 33512, NURS 20950 and a qualifying statistics course.
- Submitted an essay or interview (Students will be informed when they apply)
- The admission process is competitive; acceptance is never guaranteed. The dean may review the students’ educational files to determine if adequate progression has been made.