More College of Business Administration Policies
General Degree Requirement for a Bachelor of Business Administration Download to print
- A minimum of 121 semester hours of approved coursework must be completed as prescribed in the various curricula. Included in these 121 semester hours is US 10097 Destination Kent State: First Year Experience.
- All business administration students must satisfy the 36-credit-hour minimum requirement of the Kent Core as outlined and complete 6 credit hours of diversity coursework.
- Writing-intensive course requirement
- Students must complete at least 50 percent of business credit hours (required for the business degree) in-residence on a Kent State University campus.
- Students must complete at least 50 percent of their major credit hours in residence on a Kent State University campus.
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least two courses in the minor at Kent State University. At least one of these must be at the upper-division (30000-40000) level.
- A minimum 2.500 GPA must be earned for all work carried at Kent State University for the accounting, business management, computer information systems, finance, managerial marketing, marketing majors. The economics and entrepreneurship majors require a minimum cumulative 2.250 GPA. A minimum 2.500 GPA must be earned in the major field (which includes all major requirements and major electives for the accounting, business management, computer information systems, finance, marketing majors). The economics and entrepreneurship majors require a 2.250 major GPA.
- Students must complete two measures of outcomes assessment as specified by the College of Business Administration for complete satisfaction of the B.B.A.
- The university normally requires a minimum of 39 semester hours at the upper-division (30000-40000) level for graduation with the B.B.A.