Mechanical Engineering Technology - A.A.S. Download to print
The Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering (integrated manufacturing) Technology provides students with knowledge and skills in the manufacturing areas related to computer-controlled equipment and integrated manufacturing. Topics include drafting, CAD/CAM, materials testing and robotics applications. There are four concentrations available: General (available at the Trumbull and Tuscarawas campuses); Mechtronics (available at the Tuscarawas Campus), which is a cross disciplinary in electrical and electronic devices, hydraulics and pneumatics and programmable logic controllers, intended to provide students with the skills currently in demand in most industries; and Systems, which is individualized and developed with the guidance of a faculty advisor (available only at the Tuscarawas Campus). In addition, the concentrations may articulate fully or in part with available certificates in computer-aided drafting, plastics manufacturing and the technology 2+2 bachelor's degree.
In 2008, engineers held about 1.5 million jobs.
Admission is open to anyone with a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Minimum 69-73 credit hours, dependent upon concentration chosen. Minimum 2.000 cumulative GPA and in major.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of Fluid properties, kinematics of fluid flow, momentum, viscosity, conservation of energy in fluid flow, industrial hydraulics, and gas laws.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the design theory of tools, machines, systems and equipment.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of system integration methods.
4. Possess a strong mathematical foundation.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of engineering processes and materials.
6. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of technical drawing and CAD.
7. Possess a strong foundation in physics.
At the Tuscarawas Campus only by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) www.abet.org
See individual campuses
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- News & Events